Thursday, February 21, 2013

Deep Fried Soft Boiled Eggs

It feels odd to be sitting on my couch, watching bad t.v. at 11:00AM on a Thursday, and not be working at the hotel. No, I'm not sick (thank God); I have to work a Bridal Trade Show tonight so I get to come into work in the afternoon. But ever since accepting my current position it is a strange thing to work "bank hours" and have weekends to myself. I'm definitely not complaining but I never thought it would be a weird adjustment.

Anyhow, it works out well I'm off this morning because my back is particularly sore today. Last night Ian and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, which is one of my favorite places to shop, and I bought a back massage machine. Ian is sweet and he offered his massage services to save me $50.00. But quite frankly, I leaned against the massage machine for 3 hours last night...I think his hands may have fallen off.

But it seems like nothing I do is working. This morning my back is extremely tender even after the massage so I tried icing it for 20 minutes but unfortunately there has been no improvement. I definitely need professional help...I'm currently waiting for my Dr. to give a very detailed explanation to my insurance company for why I need an MRI. They've already denied the request once so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll get approved this second time around.

So in my efforts to stay calm and not get overly frustrated I have been spending a lot of time doing whatever I can to take my mind off of the discomfort. I wanted to cook something kind of funky and challenging and I succeeded in doing just that. This was a bit time consuming (not as much as the Gyoza) but it took some patience in peeling off the shell from an undercooked egg. It was a lot of fun making these guys and even though they were not at all healthy these were one of the best foods I've ever eaten. Hands down. It puts a whole new meaning to a deep fried egg, huh?

Ingredients:

  • 4 Eggs
  • Flour
  • 2 Egg Yolks
  • Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 4 cups of Vegetable Oil

Cooking Directions:


  • Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat
  • Add the 4 eggs and boil for 5 minutes
  • Drain the eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water and let cool for 15 minutes

  • While the eggs are cooling place the vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan
  • Heat on medium heat
  • After the eggs are cooled peel the shells off with a spoon
  • Roll the eggs in the flour
  • Cover the eggs in the egg yolk
  • Then coat the eggs in the bread crumbs
  • Place the eggs in the oil and cook for 1 minute 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment